Throughout church history, Christians have found solace and inspiration by meditating on the words Jesus spoke from the cross. These expressions have come to be known as the “seven last words.” You can hear these by watching the “JESUS” film. They include:
- “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Luke 23:34).
- “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43).
- “Woman, here is your son … Here is your mother” (John 19:26-27).
- “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me” (Matthew 27:46)?
- “I am thirsty” (John 19:28).
- “It is finished” (John 19:30).
- “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit” (Luke 23:46)